Best online roullet for real money: Play in Australian casinos
If you enjoy playing roulette, you must have noticed that there are dozens of online roulette casinos with so many roulette variants. It can be difficult to figure out which one is better, but we are here to help you. Below, we will explain how roulette works and show you which are the best online roulette casinos for Australian players..
Best Online Roulette for Real Money in Australian Casinos
5 Gringos Casino
100% up to A$750 + 100 FS
|Play Now Review|
100% UP TO AUD10,000 + 100 FS
|Play Now Review|
Jackpot City Casino
up to $1600 free
|Play Now Review|
Get 750% Bonus +110 Free Spins
|Play Now Review|
100% UP TO €150 + 60 FREESPINS
|Play Now Review|
Online Roulette – What is It?
Roulette is one of the oldest and most popular casino table games. This game uses a wheel with 37 or 38 numbers on it (the actual number depends on the variant), and players bet on which of the numbers or colours the ball will land on. In this context, it is possible to bet on a single number or on a range of numbers.
Likewise, one can bet on a colour (red/black) or odd/even numbers. Payouts vary between 1:1 and 35:1, depending on the betting options. Online roulette is the digital version of this game and is divided into two main categories, RNG and live. RNG games are played against the computer; live games are played against a real dealer.
Online Roulette Variations
As we mentioned above, there are many different variants of roulette games, and although these variants are basically the same, they differ in terms of betting options and chances of winning. You can find all these variants at the best real money online casinos we recommend, but which one should you choose?
- European Roulette: There are 37 numbers on the wheel and a single 0. It is the most common and favourite form of roulette. Many other variants use European roulette rules. Choose this if you’re just starting out: the RTP rate is 97.30%.
- American Roulette: There are two 0 (0 – 00) numbers on the wheel and a total of 38 numbers. The “basket” bet, where you can bet on a total of five numbers, is only available in this variant. The RTP rate is 94.74%, and for this reason, American roulette should not be preferred in general.
- French Roulette: It is basically the same as European roulette, but there is a special area on the table called “racetrack” where bets specific to this variant can be placed. It also uses one of the special betting rules called “le prison” or “la partage”. Due to these rules, it is the variant with the highest RTP rate (98.65%).
- English Roulette: It is a hybrid of European and French roulette. The special betting rules described above are not used, but bets specific to the French variant (such as Voisins du Zero, Tiers du Cylindre, Les Orphelins) can still be placed.
- Deutsche Roulette: This is exactly the same as European roulette. However, it is played against a German-speaking croupier.
Types of Online Roulette Modifications in Australian Online Casinos
We have shared the most common variants of roulette games above, but when Australian players visit online roulette casinos, they will find that there are many more different games available. These games are basically based on one of the above variants, but they have some distinctive differences, such as a bonus bet or “double ball”. Below we briefly talk about such modified games that may be of interest to roulette players.
- Double Ball Roulette: This is European roulette, but two balls are used. A special air compressor is used in land-based casinos to release these balls in a synchronized manner. You can place a different bet for each ball. Bets placed that both balls will land in the same place pay out very high.
- Mini Roulette: This is a variant designed to be played on small screens of mobile devices and has only 12 numbers on the wheel. The basic betting options and payouts are the same as for the European variant, but all bets have been changed to include a maximum of 12 numbers.
- Multi Ball Roulette: Similar to Double Ball Roulette, but with at least three balls on the wheel, sometimes more. In addition, the wheel pockets are large enough to fit only one ball. In other words, it is only possible to place different bets for each ball, not bets that more than one ball will go into the same pocket.
- Live Dealer Roulette: This is not the name of a variant. It simply shows how the game is played. Such games are played against a real dealer in real time, and you can interact both with the dealer and other players. They are like interactive streams that can be viewed from any browser.
- Multi Wheel Roulette: As the name suggests, this variant has multiple wheels, all of which are European roulette. The number of wheels can be 6 – 8 – 10 – 12, and a single ball is thrown at all of them at the same time. It is possible to place a different bet for each wheel.
Best Deposit and Withdrawal Methods For Real Money Roulette
To play roulette for real money, you need to make a deposit and withdraw money after winning. There are many payment options you can use for both transactions, but some are more popular than others and are more suitable for use in Australia.
- Bank Transfer: Classic wire transfers can be slow and expensive, but you can make quick and inexpensive transfers with online banking services like Trustly.
- MasterCard: Credit cards are safe, free, fast, and practical. Alternatively, you can use VISA and AMEX.
- POLi: This service allows you to make instant payments to all types of online merchants via internet banking, including casino sites.
- Bitcoin: Cryptocurrencies offer greater security and privacy compared to other options. You can also use alternatives like Dogecoin and Litecoin.
- Skrill: You can use it as both an e-wallet service and an online banking tool (via RAPID).
- Neteller: The most common e-wallet service in the online gambling industry is Neteller. Its mobile application is practical and useful.
- Paysafecard: This prepaid card system allows you to make instant and secure deposits. It also allows you to protect your privacy.
- Neosurf: You can buy Neosurf voucher codes at almost any retail store in Australia and use them to make a deposit.
- PayPal: PayPal is one of the largest e-wallet services in the world and is known for being both secure and convenient.
Free Online Roulette vs Real Money Roulette
FREE ROULETTE ONLINE
REAL MONEY ROULETTE ONLINE
Free roulette is the best option for beginners and casuals.
The payouts will be real – yes, you can win real money.
You can learn the rules & test strategies without taking any risks.
You can use several gambling bonuses and get a free bankroll, for example.
You can try all RNG variants of roulette for free and find the one that suits you the most.
You can also play against a real croupier at roulette casinos – free games do not have this option.
You don’t need to be a member of a casino or even use a casino site for playing online roulette for free.
There are lots of online roulette casinos to choose from – you get dozens of options.
How We Rate the Best Online Roulette Games
You can find the best roulette games only at the best roulette casino sites. We use many different criteria when choosing these casinos for Australian players to make sure they get the best possible experience. Below you can find a list of the criteria we use to select the best online roulette games and casinos.
- We only choose legal and reliable casinos. Every casino we choose for Australian players is legal and licensed by a prestigious agency.
- We make sure you get a localized service. We test the casino’s payment methods to see if they are safe and we prefer sites with AUD support. We also make sure that all payment options can be used from Australia.
- We test the bonuses ourselves. While evaluating the bonuses, we pay attention not only to the percentage values but also to the wagering conditions. We also make sure that both new and existing players can take advantage of the bonuses that can be used for playing online roulette.
- Mobile compatibility is important to us. We try the casino site on iOS – Android smartphones and tablet PCs to see if all games and services work smoothly even without an app.
- The game collection should be able to satisfy us both in terms of quality and quantity. We only prefer casinos that work with top-tier software suppliers and make sure you can play both the latest and the most popular online casino roulette games.
How to Choose the Best Online Roulette Site
If you want to play on the best roulette site, there are many things you need to pay attention to. There are hundreds of online roulette Australia sites on the market, but only some can offer a satisfying experience. In this context, we recommend using the following criteria when evaluating online roulette sites:
- Licenses: Only licensed online roulette Australia sites can provide a legal and safe service. Before you start playing real money online roulette, your first job should be checking and verifying the license.
- Security and privacy: A secure roulette for real money experience requires more than just a valid license. Prefer online roulette sites that have fairness certificates from independent agencies such as eCOGRA and protect every page with SSL.
- Fairness: Make sure the roulette for real money games is fair. Check the RTP of each game using the paytable and play on sites with RNG certification. These certificates ensure that the games you play are both safe and fair.
How to Play Online Roulette
- Choose a roulette variant. For starters, we recommend the European variant.
- The casino chips at the bottom of the screen have different numerical values and each represents a different bet amount. To place a bet, select one of these chips and drop it on your preferred bet option. For example, if you prefer the “red 7” bet, place your chip on the red 7 on the table.
- Start the game by pressing the “spin” button on the screen. In a few seconds, you will see the result: if you win your bet, you will be awarded a payout according to the paytable. Whether you win or lose, you can try your luck again.
Betting Options for Online Roulette
There are many different types of bets that roulette players can try, and they all offer a different chance of winning. For the same reason, payment amounts vary. If a bet is highly probable, the payout is low. The higher your chances of winning the bet, the lower the payout.
In this context, it is possible to divide bets in the online roulette game into two as “inside” and “outside”. This distinction is made according to the physical location of the betting options on the table. In general, inside bets pay more, but the chances of winning are low. Outside bets pay less but offer more chances to win. Below you can see the types of bets in different variants of roulette with their payouts.
- Straight: The player bets on a single number. Pays 35:1.
- Split: Betting on two numbers. Pays 17:1.
- Street: You place a bet on three numbers on a horizontal line. This bet pays 11:1.
- Corner / Square Placed: The player bets on four numbers that form a square. The payout is 8:1.
- Six Line / Double Street: The bet is for 6 numbers in total, but these numbers must be located in two adjacent lines (each line contains 3 numbers). This option pays 5:1.
- Trio: You place a bet on 0 and two numbers beneath it (1, 2, or 3). In total, this is a bet for 3 numbers and pays 11:1.
- First Four: Betting on 0, 1, 2, and 3 at the same time. The payout is 8:1.
- Basket: You can find this bet only in American roulette. It is a bet for the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, 3 and pays 6:1.
- 1-18 (Low, Manque) or 19-36 (High, Passe): The player bets on all numbers between these ranges (1 to 18 or 19 to 36), 18 numbers in total. This bet pays 1:1.
- Red or Black: Whether you choose red or black, you bet on 18 numbers in total. The payout is 1:1.
- Odd or Even: Just like the colours, there are 18 odd numbers and 18 even numbers on the wheel. This bet is about what kind of number the outcome will be, and it pays 1:1.
- Dozen: A bet that covers 12 numbers in total. These numbers can be 1-12, 13-24, or 25-36. Pays 2:1.
- Column: This bet covers all numbers in a column, 12 in total. The payout is 2:1.
- Snake: This one also covers 12 numbers, but these are specific numbers: 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34. The payout is still 2:1.
What Terms Do You Need to Know to Play Real Money Online Roulette
There are many terms that are used in a roulette game, and you should learn them all before you start playing roulette online. Below, you can see the most common terms used in a real money roulette game.
- 50/30/20 budget: This is a bankroll management strategy. Use 50% of your bankroll for your needs, 30% for your wants, and 20% for your savings.
- Advantage play: Betting only on outcomes that have a good chance of winning (e.g., red/black).
- Bankroll: Your budget to play roulette for real money.
- Bet on the Layout: Placing a real money bet for any of the outcomes on the roulette table.
- Biased Wheel: Rigged or physically worn roulette wheel. You can predict where the ball will land.
- Block Betting: A real money bet placed on a specific block of numbers.
- Call Bets: Real money roulette bets that are placed by announcing instead of placing your chips on the table.
- Column Bet: A bet that is placed on all numbers in a column.
- Croupier: Casino employee who spins the wheel & accepts real money bets.
- Double Zero: The American Roulette variant contains two zero pockets (0 and 00) on the wheel.
- Dozen Bet: A real money roulette bet for a dozen numbers.
- French Bets: Special bets that include multiple numbers and are presented on a “racetrack”.
- House Edge: This value indicates how much profit the casino will make from your real money bets.
- Marker: A tool that is used to cover the winning number on the table.
- Orphans: Specific numbers on both sides of the wheel. These are 17, 34, 6, 1, 20, 14, 31, and 9.
- Orphelins: French for “orphans”, see above.
Pockets: The name given to the sections on the roulette wheel where the ball can land.
- Straight Up: Placing a real money bet on a single number.
- Wheel Checks: Another name given to casino chips for playing real money online roulette.
- Zero: The zero (0) pocket on the wheel.
- Sixain: French for “six line”. A real money bet for 6 numbers.
Mobile Roulette & App
You can use any kind of mobile device to play roulette too. You don’t need a specific app for this: all games at online roulette casinos are instant-play, which means they can work directly on browsers. The rules and gameplay will be the same: you can use the instructions (and all other info in this guide) to play roulette on mobile too.
However, for an ideal gaming experience, try to choose mobile-specific games such as Mini Roulette. These games have special interfaces that are designed for small screens and touch controls.
If you choose to use an app for playing online roulette in Australia, this is also perfectly fine. Most of the Australia roulette apps are available on Play Store & App Store. However, remember that if you are using an Android device, the real money app you need for playing roulette can also be offered on the website of roulette sites as an APK file.
iOS users, on the other hand, can only download apps to play roulette for real money from the App Store: their operating system does not support third-party applications.
Few Variants of Roulette Strategy
Online roulette is a game based on mathematical foundations and it is possible to have a more efficient gaming experience by using some strategies. Listed below are the basic strategies you can use for all game variants in online roulette casinos.
Choose any of the outside bets that pay 1:1. Start playing with a certain bet value (e.g., 2 units). If you lose, double the bet each time. For example, if you start playing with 2 units and lose, bet 4 units on the next game. Continue this until you win, and after you win, go back to the start (i.e., 2 units) and continue this cycle.
D’Alembert Betting System
Set a starting bet and a total payout you want to win. It is generally recommended that the starting bet be 5% of your total budget. For example, if you have a budget of 100 AUD, your starting bet could be 5 AUD. Start playing with this value and reduce the bet by 1 unit if you win. (For example, if you play with 5 AUD and win, bet 4 AUD on the next game.) If you lose, increase the bet by 1 unit. (For example, if you play with 5 AUD and lose, bet 6 AUD on the next game). Continue this until you reach your target payout amount.
Software Suppliers Who Bring You Online Roulette
There are lots of options if you want to play online roulette, and all of them are developed by a different game studio. In other words, roulette online games are designed and created by different developers. As can be predicted, some of these studios are better than others, and top roulette casinos always work with them. In this respect, you should check out the games of the following providers first:
- Evolution Gaming: The biggest live dealer roulette provider out there. Evolution is based in Europe and offers more than 100+ titles in its game portfolio.
- Betsoft: While known for its slots, Betsoft also develops RNG roulette games that offer the same graphics quality and creative features.
- BGaming: This studio lets you play roulette using cryptocurrencies. It offers 70+ games in total that can be found at more than 700 online casinos.
- Microgaming: This studio developed the first online casino software in the world and literally jump-started roulette online casinos. Its delivery platfırm contains more than 800 games.
- Netent: This Sweden-based studio does not only develop slots: it is also known for its high-quality real money roulette games. You can find this supplier at all of the top roulette sites.